Moore OKLAHOMA- A deadly tornado nearly 2 miles wide hit Moore Oklahoma and surrounding areas this afternoon, May 20th. Two elementary schools completely torn apart, with one having 75 students and facility left once the tornado hit. This town had 15 minutes to prepare for this tragic disaster. So far death toll 10, with a 7 month old baby. Over 30 injured and being treated. Inside the school out of the 75 students left, who were told to stand between two walls, 30 were found, 7 children had drown in the school, and about 25 have left to be found.
Rescue crew dig throughout the night searching for children, reports claiming there are cries of help coming from the debris. Tornado warnings still in effect in surrounding areas. This tragic tornado is averaged to be a F4, to a F5 with fierce winds up to 200mph. The town of Moore, is gone. Rescue dogs attempting to find survivors in the school, many parents have been taken to a nearby church to await the news of their loved ones.
One teacher in critical condition, told he might not make it. He was found huddling over 3 children laying on top of them, saving them from the monster that tore through their town
More to update in this article as we report:
- Death toll 37 as of 7:36pm Oklahoma Time
- 24 children still missing 7:46pm Oklahoma Time
- Death toll 51 as of 7:56pm Oklahoma Time
- 24 students still in rubble of school, rescue pulled children making a human chain out of rubble, setting up a triage in the parking lot of the school earlier reports form the Associated Press at 9:14pm
- While still searching for the 20 students in the schools rubble, 85 patients admitted including 65 children in trauma rooms
- Out of the 51 killed, 20 were children- death toll expected to rise overnight as of 9:41pm Oklahoma time
- 40 more confirmed dead, making death toll at 91 reported at 11:47pm Oklahoma time
- Revised death toll recounted at 24 with 9 being children killed, from the first count at 51 cont story here
- Oklahoma Tornadoes: Midwest Tornadoes Reform After Tearing Through Oklahoma (theepochtimes.com)
- Oklahoma rocked by one of worst tornadoes in history (guardian.co.uk)
- Live: Tornado devastates Oklahoma towns (abc.net.au)
- Tornado Tears Through Moore, Oklahoma (saunsea.wordpress.com)